Monday, April 25, 2011

Citizen Plea

Ever just get fed up with things and have no other way to express what you're feeling than to just rant? Yeah, that's where I'm at right now. I've read a couple articles recently that really put this country's deficit into perspective. The one that hit hard was about this country's credit rating.

Standard and Poor's announced that unless the United States can announce a plan to substantially lower our country's deficit, the S&P will lower the US's credit rating. As a personally financially responsible person, I find this absurd. I just don't understand how our government could be trillions of dollars in debt. I don't spend money if I don't have it. Plain and simple. I understand that sometimes situations arise where HAVE to borrow money. But, then you make cuts immediately after in order to pay that money back. It seems like the US government has never made cuts. Nor is it planning to under current leadership. This has to change.

At this point I really don't care which party the new administration comes from, I just want fiscally responsible leadership. Is that so hard to ask? Apparently it is. Hopefully someone steps forward with a tangible plan to get our debt under control.

0 comments:

Post a Comment